20 Dec Chicago Office Coffee Service Must-Haves
Morning jolt, liquid energy, or as many Chicago residents also know it, coffee is crucial for a successful work day. In fact more than 60 percent of adults recently surveyed by the National Coffee Associated shared that they had consumed coffee at some point during the previous day. Rather than worrying about how many people drink coffee each day, employers should be more concerned about which types of beverages those individuals drank. Providing only traditional coffee in the break room for 60 percent of adults definitely won’t meet the work day demand for different types of coffee bean-based beverages.
Current and potential employees have a number of must-have requirements when it comes to their workplace office coffee service (OCS) and are willing to go off site to find them if they aren’t available in the break room. Must-have doesn’t mean like-to-have or would-be-nice. Must-have means critical, essential, imperative, indispensable, integral, necessary, needed, required, requisite, or vital. To meet Chicago’s employees’ demands and compete with off-site options, break room benefits including OCS needs to exceed current employee expectations. Keeping employees on site for coffee breaks isn’t the only thing employers should consider.
Excellent OCS can also be used to meet a variety of expectations among the different generations of your current employees and to recruit new employees. If you’re looking for a way to improve your break room benefits, boost your Chicago break room experience with our top 5 OCS must-haves:
- Cold brew: It has a smoother taste and lower acidity level than traditional coffee, and is now available almost everywhere.
- The right combination of brewing equipment: Whether it’s traditional brewing equipment (traditional brewers, single-cup brewers, or bean-to-cup brewers), advanced brewing technology or both, provide equipment that will brew an excellent cup of coffee and barista-quality espresso-based beverages.
- Consider the optimal mix, varieties, and quality of coffee beans as well as a well thought out menu offering teas and non-caffeinated hot beverages. Rotate the selections, ask for feedback, and use that feedback to improve your services.
- Offer sought-after snacks, fresh food, and cold beverages including delicious water from a bottle-less water filtration system.
- Provide nicely organized and fully-stocked OCS condiments including a variety of sugars and sweeteners, dairy and non-dairy creamers, stir sticks, and environmentally-friendly cups, lids, napkins, and utensils.
Which office coffee service must-haves are already available in your Chicago break room? Whether you have none or just a couple of them, we can help you transform your break room into a valued employee benefit. For more information or to upgrade your current space, call Yami Fresh at 847.423.2448. We look forward to hearing from you.